Brothers Research makers of Duragloss, is a 40 year old company located in North Carolina has developed a “Do It Yourself” Ceramic Coating System called NanoGlass. President of the company has a PHD in Organic chemistry so you can be confident that Duragloss products are safe to use, engineered and tested to work effectively. This Ceramic Coating will provide a very high gloss “wet look” and durability to last for up to 3 years with proper maintenance. NanoGlass has no harmful solvents, and does not smell bad, as many ceramic coatings do. Duragloss products are made in the USA. Most other ceramic products on the market today are not made in the USA and many are not safe to use.I personally don’t think it is necessary to pay a professional shop $500-$3,000 to apply a ceramic coating, when you can easily do it yourself, for a fraction of the cost, and obtain a deep gloss long lasting shine.
Use Nanoglass Ceramic Coating to protect your Paint, Headlights, Tail Lights, Clear Film Wrapped Areas, Wheels and Metal Trim.
This ceramic coating protects surfaces from Acid Rain, UV rays, Salt and Pollutants.
Resistant to Acid and Alkali wash soaps.
Note: Nanoglass Ceramic Coating will not prevent rock chips. For that you need a clear film wrap. NanoGlass may not protect against Highly acidic contaminants such as volcanic ash, Tree Sap and bird droppings that are not removed in a timely manner.
Nanoglass is also Great for Marine and Motorcycle use, and Granite counter tops in your house.
If you have scratches and swirl marks they must be removed so they are not visible through the ceramic coating.
After washing and drying your car, run your fingertips across the paint, and it you feel specks of contamination, remove with claybar and lubricant. (Walmart or Auto Parts store) Also remove any road oil, bugs and tree sap.
If you don’t have the time or tools required to correct your paint, then you could use a detail shop to do this step.
Just ask them not to apply any wax or polish – just correct the paint and remove scratches, swirl marks, contamination, and road oil etc.
1. Wash and Dry your car. Correct your paint by removing scratches, swirl marks and contaminants.
2. Remove existing wax or polish using “Squeaky Clean” in the kit. Apply by hand with back and forth motions, allow to haze and buff with a soft microfiber cloth.
(or you can use a random orbital polisher with soft finishing pad at 3-4 speed)
3. Go over your car with high percentage of Isopropyl alcohol to remove any Squeaky Clean residue. (Note, run your fingertips over the paint. If you feel any contaminants, then use a claybar with lubricant to remove them. You want a perfectly smooth surface, free of contaminants and previously applied wax or polish before applying ceramic coatings for a superior bond.
4. Apply BASE COAT CERAMIC COATING onto a cool surface. With the application pad, apply a light, even ceramic coat onto 2×2 foot sections at a time, with random motions by hand, until dry. DO NOT USE A BUFFER to apply or remove the ceramic coating. The residue from the ceramic will evaporate. Inspect within 5 minutes after application and smooth out any streaks with a microfiber cloth. If you wait over 5 minutes it will become difficult to smooth out any streaks that you may have.
(Do not apply base coat ceramic in direct sunlight)
5. Wait 24 Hours to give the base coat time to cure. (you can cure in direct sunlight)
6. Apply the CERAMIC COATING TOP COAT by applying a light even coat in 2×2 foot sections at a time, random motion by hand until dry. DO NOT USE A BUFFER to apply or remove the ceramic coating. The residue from the ceramic will evaporate.Inspect within 5 minutes after application and smooth out any streaks with a microfiber cloth. If you wait over 5 minutes it will become difficult to smooth out any streaks that you may have.
(Do not apply top coat ceramic in direct sunlight)
7. Wait 24 hours to give the Top coat time to cure. (you can cure in direct sunlight)
8. Apply the spray on, wipe off Ceramic Sealant as a procedure. Use one cloth the apply and a second cloth to polish. You can also use the Ceramic Sealant In-between car washes to remove light dust. The Silicone dioxide (SiO2) NanoGlass sealant will add gloss and durability to your car’s finish.
9. When your car is very dirty wash it with a mild PH neutral soap like Duragloss #901. (Wash from roof on down)
Dry car well then spray on the Ceramic Sealant if needed onto a cool surface one section at a time. If you use a commercial car wash, make sure it is a Touchless car wash, no brushes.
10. BTW you can use NanoGlass on wheels, headlights, taillights, chrome and Windows.
What’s included in the DIY Ceramic Coating Kit:
(1) 4oz Squeaky Clean Surface Preparation Cleaner
(1) 50ml Base Coat Ceramic Coating
(1) 50ml Top Coat Ceramic Coating
(1) 22oz Spray Bottle Ceramic Sealant
(2) Application pads
(1) Microfiber Polishing Cloth
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS YOU MAY WANT TO ADD TO YOUR PURCHASE:
(Add in the “Notes” Section of the order form.)
#901 PH Neutral Shampoo, 16oz: $8.50
Clay Bar with Lubricant Buy at Walmart or Autoparts store.
#921 as Quick Detailer and lubricant for Clay Bar use and as a quick detailer: $10.50
#671 Swirl Mark Remover, use with a buffer: $8.50
#652 Surface Prep if you have scratches, remove with low cut pad and buffer: $10.50
#441 Leather Shampoo Mink Oil + Lanolin, 8oz. $9.00
#221 Leather Conditioner Mink Oil + Lanolin, 8oz. $11.50
#265 High Gloss Aerosol Tire Dressing that doesn’t spin off: $11.50
#271 Trim dressing to restore and protect rubber and textured surfaces: $10.50
#1001 Ceramic Spray Sealant, 22 oz $35.00
BRC-46 Glass Cleaner (19oz. Aerosol) (Does not contain Ammonia) $12.00
# 9002 (1) Plush Microfiber Drying Towel (17×26) $25.00 each
# 9003 (2) Plush Microfiber Polishing Cloths (11×17) $26.00 for two
Questions or comments contact: Jerry at 224 676 1484 or Email: info@ForMyTesla.com
Go to You Tube to see videos on how to use claybar and remove swirl marks:
Swirl Removal If you have light swirl marks use Duragloss 671 Swirl Mark Remover with a buffer. However If you have moderate to severe swirl marks, scratches and water spots, take your car to a professional detailing shop to correct your paint or watch these DIY Swirl Mark removal Videos on YouTube:
(Note when using Claybar or Squeaky clean on Clear film Bra body armor and plastic rocker panels, avoid contact with the very edge of the plastic, since residue can be difficult to remove from the edges. You can use blue painters tape over such edges to avoid contact. Remove road oil with Charcoal Lighter fluid, but do not use Lighter Fluid on clear film body armor)
(Tips: Wash your car from the top down. To remove excess rinse water after washing your car, remove nozzle from your hose and rinse car starting at the top, with natural low flow of water, ie no extra pressure. Gravity pulls the excess water off the car. or take your car for a quick spin, then finish with a #9002 Plush Drying Towel. I also suggest carrying #1001 Nano Detailer and a plush polishing cloth in your car to clean away those unexpected bird droppings etc.)